Hi Friends, This is it … my last blog. It’s farewell from here, but see you soon elsewhere … I hope. Check out my website at http://www.wendymaraghtaylor.com and don’t forget to like my FB page at http://www.facebook.com/wmaraghtaylor. I’m always interested in hearing from you, so feel free to send me a note via whatever means work for you – FB comment, website contact, email, phone call, and yes, even receiving post office mail is a welcomed joy to keep in touch with friends. Until the next time, be well. WMT
I have decided to end this blog in the next couple weeks.
I first began this endeavor because I was invited to blog for a magazine, and I wanted to practice a bit in the months before I was to begin. Though it’s been quite a fun learning experience, the time has come to move on.
This is in part because of personal reasons: I am not finding the time to post as often as I think it takes to really develop this blog; other priorities are taking up my time. As well, there are professional reasons: among them, some of the pieces I’ve posted have garnered interest among journals, magazines and the like. What I’ve learned is that those pieces are not eligible for the many on-line and print magazines that do not accept previously published writing; by virtue of being posted on this blog, they are considered already published. Finally, I have a few other projects in the works. So, rather than spread myself thin, it’s time to let some things go. That too has been a life lesson for me during this season of my life.
Thank you for your time, attention and interest. I appreciate your feedback directly to me and your comments on the posts – glad you were entertained and inspired. If you are interested in keeping up with me or knowing about my other projects as they develop, like my FB page
http://www.facebook.com/wmaraghtaylor. Also, stay tuned for an announcement about a website I’m constructing.
Until the next time, in some other venue, be well: WMT
19th Annual Multicultural Education Conference
A Million Moments – For Ensuring Equity and Creating change
Friday, November 15, 2013
SUNY New Paltz
http://cas.newpaltz.edu/current-conferences/ (Directions & Campus Map)
Writers’ Tea 2013
April 7, 2013
3:00 – 6:00 pm
The Links at Union Vale
Reservations Required – Deadline: March 31, 2013 www.aauwpoughkeepsie.org
Myra Young Armstead – “Freedom’s Garden”
Wendy Maragh Taylor – “This Part Of The Sky”
Jacqueline Sweeney – Selected Poems
Featured Writers: Meet three Hudson Valley authors who will share stories from their books, poems and their lives. The authors will be available before the tea for questions and with their books for purchase and signing.
High Tea: We will be welcomed with champagne, light drinks and hors d’oeuvres as we arrive and browse the silent auction items. The writers’ presentations will be accompanied by tea, scones, assorted tea sandwiches and petite desserts.
Silent Auction: A silent auction of hand-crafted items and services donated by our members, local businesses and craftsmen. Checks or cash only.
Reservations Required – Deadline: March 31, 2013. For more information and to register, go to: AAUW Poughkeepsie
A literary benefit for the AAUW Scholarship Funds, Community Initiatives and Events.
Thanks to those who made it to my book launch gathering and reading/signing. And, a special thank you to the Mamiya household for hosting it. Below is a list of events where I will be doing a presentation, keynote talk, and/or reading about the Liberia Project, the book or writing in general. I’ll post the specific dates and details as they get closer. Hope to see you around:
- Marist College CLS (Poughkeepsie) – September: On The Liberia Project/Reading – excerpts from This Part Of The Sky
- Radio Interview/HV Talk Radio Network (Hudson Valley) – November: On Leadership & Volunteerism/Reading – excerpts from This Part Of The Sky
- TV Interview/TBN Network (Hudson Valley/NYC) – November: On Community Service & Families/Reading – excerpts from This Part Of The Sky
- Radio Interview (Poughkeepsie) – November: On Community Affairs
- SUNY New Paltz – Multicultural Education Conference (New Paltz) – November: On Encouraging Multiculturalism
- Women’s Work store/My Sister’s Keeper (Poughkeepsie Plaza) – December: Reading – excerpts from This Part Of The Sky
- Adriance Public Library (Poughkeepsie) – January: On Liberia, West Africa/Reading – excerpts from This Part Of The Sky
- NY State DOT Toastmasters International (Poughkeepsie) - February: On Achieving Goals/Reading – excerpts from This Part Of The Sky
- Area Congregations (NYC) – March: On Service To Others/Reading – excerpts from This Part Of The Sky
- AAUW Writers’ Tea (Dutchess County) - April: On Writing/Reading – excerpts from This Part Of the Sky and my short story collection
Be well, WMT